Abigail R. Cooper, BA
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Abigail R. Cooper, BA, is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a third-year doctoral candidate in the Clinical Psychology PhD Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Ms. Cooper has experience working with a diverse patient population with a variety of disorders— from learning and behavioral disorders to mood and eating disorders—and is skilled in providing various evidence-based treatment modalities. Ms. Cooper has received specific training in family-based treatment (FBT) and enhanced cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT-E). She has experience implementing evidence-based treatments to children, adolescents, young adults, and their families with comorbid mood, anxiety, and eating disorders.
Ms. Cooper has held a clinical position at the Center for Psychological Services, a community mental health clinic, and a research position at the Massachusetts General Hospital in the Depression Clinical and Research Program. Ms. Cooper has also acquired proficiency in conducting neuropsychological and educational assessments for children and adolescents with a variety of disorders. Her doctoral research examines the trajectory of sleep quality throughout treatment in adolescents with comorbid mood and eating disorders.
- Extern, Center for Psychological Services, Hackensack, NJ
- Extern, Eating, Feeding, and Weight Disorders Program, Hackensack, NJ
- Clinical Research Coordinator, Depression Clinical and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- BA, Psychology, Colby College
- 3rd-year Clinical Psychology PhD Student, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ