Alex Bellantuono, EdM
Clinical Extern, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Jennifer Oscherician, Staff AssociateJennifer.Oscherician@childmind.org
Alex Bellantuono, EdM, is a clinical extern in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. During the course of his doctoral training in school psychology, Mr. Bellantuono has accumulated experience conducting psychoeducational evaluations of children with ADHD, learning disorders and social-emotional difficulties. He has had the opportunity to work with youth in a variety of settings including public and private schools, outpatient clinics and inpatient settings. Mr. Bellantuono is a strong advocate for children and is dedicated to providing recommendations that are ideally matched to the needs of the child and their families.
Mr. Bellantuono also has expertise providing individual psychotherapy to children and adolescents with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), difficulties related to emotional dysregulation and marked behavioral difficulties. He has also co-led dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) skills groups with adults and young adults.
Mr. Bellantuono has been involved in research projects comparing the psychological functioning of trauma-exposed children with and without PTSD and has co-presented workshops about PTSD in children and adolescents at various professional conferences. His research interests also include online gaming behaviors in children and adolescents.
- Psychology Extern, CBT/DBT Associates
- School Psychology Extern, Rockville Centre School District
- Psychology Extern, New York City Children’s Center, Queens Campus
- School Psychology Practicum, Xavier High School
- School Psychology Practicum, Dean Hope Center for Educational and Psychological Services
- PhD (Expected 2018), School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- EdM, School Psychology, Teachers College
- BA, Psychology, Hunter College