Alice Brandwein, PhD
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Caroline Gabriele, Staff Associatecaroline.email@example.com
Alice Brandwein, PhD, is a neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the neuropsychological assessment of children and adolescents and is skilled at providing diagnostic, cognitive and neurodevelopmental evaluations.
She works with children and adolescents with a range of psychiatric and developmental issues including autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, learning disabilities and social/emotional difficulties. With a background in clinical neuroscience, Dr. Brandwein uses her knowledge of brain function to better understand behavior and psychopathology.
Dr. Brandwein has received specialized training in the screening, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders via a federally funded program called Leadership and Education in Neurodevelopmental Disorders (LEND). She has provided individual and family therapy and social skills training to children with ADHD, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), autism, adjustment disorders and a range of psychosocial stressors.
Dr. Brandwein has an extensive research background in sensory processing and the neurobiology of autism, and has published several papers in peer-reviewed journals, including Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders and Cerebral Cortex.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Clinical Neuropsychology, Child Mind Institute
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Clinical Psychology Intern, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Psychology Extern, Early Childhood Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Neuropsychology Extern, Memorial Sloane-Kettering Cancer Center
- Psychology Extern, Seaver Autism Center, Mount Sinai College of Medicine
- Neuropsychology Extern, Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, Winthrop University Hospital
- PhD, Clinical Neuropsychology, City University of New York
- MA, Psychology, Queens College
- BS, Psychology, University of Massachusetts