Ally Traister, MS, CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Ella Storey, Staff Associateella.email@example.com
Ally Traister, MS, CCC-SLP, is a speech-language pathologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the treatment and evaluation of children and young adults with learning and developmental disorders. Ms. Traister focuses on using an individualized approach to provide engaging, functional and effective treatment, with an emphasis on improving overall communication, confidence and social relationships. She is committed to collaborating with all team members and families to regularly monitor progress and ensure that strategies and goals are meaningful for each child’s daily life.
Ms. Traister has more than five years of professional experience working in individual and group therapy sessions with clients affected by a variety of language, learning and developmental conditions, including autism spectrum disorder, executive functioning weaknesses, expressive and receptive language disorders, speech sounds impairments, and learning disabilities. Ms. Traister has significant experience in “Social Thinking,” a social-cognitive intervention for children with social difficulties secondary to autism, anxiety, ADHD and other disorders, as well as experience improving executive functioning in order to help children increase skills in planning, organizing thoughts and language, memory, initiating tasks, and self-monitoring.
In addition to her work at the Child Mind Institute, Ms. Traister currently serves as a speech language pathologist at the Lab School for Collaborative Studies. At the Lab School, she provides treatment to a wide population of students, including students on the autism spectrum in the Nest Program and students in the Accessibility Program.
- Speech-Language Pathologist, NYC Lab School for Collaborative Studies: Nest Program and Accessibility Program
- Speech-Language Pathologist, Dramatic Pragmatics Speech and Language Center
- Clinical Fellow, Dramatic Pragmatics Speech and Language Center
- Graduate Intern, Children’s Evaluation & Rehabilitation Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- MS, Communicative Sciences & Disorders, NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- BA, Sociology, Emory University