Clinical Extern, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Jennifer Oscherician, Staff AssociateJennifer.email@example.com
Amira Hanna is a psychology extern in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is currently a third-year clinical psychology doctoral student at Long Island University. Ms. Hanna has experience conducting individual psychotherapy with adolescents and young adults with various diagnosis, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder. Ms. Hanna also has experience working with students ages three to five with emotional disturbances and developmental delays.
Prior to beginning her doctoral training, Ms. Hanna worked primarily with children and adolescents in various research settings. She gained in-depth experience working with children with autism spectrum disorder as part of a multisite clinical trial. She has also acquired experience in conducting intake interviews with children and their families struggling with mood and anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and tics and Tourette’s disorder. She has a strong foundation in administering psychological and neuropsychological assessments to children and adolescents.
- Clinical Psychology Extern, Long Island University, Psychological Services Center
- Play Therapy Extern, Jewish Board Child Development Center
- Clinical Coordinator, Mount Sinai’s Division of Tics, OCD, and Related Disorders and Pediatric Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program
- Research Coordinator, New York University’s Child Study Center
- Research Coordinator, Children’s Hospital of Michigan
- PhD (Expected 2020), Clinical Psychology, Long Island University
- BA, Child Psychology, Wayne State University