Carly Rossman, MS, CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Ella Storey, Staff Associateella.firstname.lastname@example.org
Carly Rossman, MS, CCC-SLP, is a speech-language pathologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. Her background is in the treatment and evaluation of students who display a variety of learning differences and developmental disorders. Specifically, she has worked with individuals who demonstrate expressive and receptive language delay, pragmatic language deficits, articulation and phonological disorders, and fluency and reading comprehension challenges. Throughout her training experiences, she has specialized in the use of evidence-based treatments for speech and language disorders in children and adolescents.
Ms. Rossman has a strong background in providing treatment to students with social communication, executive function and self-regulation challenges. Specifically, she has received training in Social Thinking, a social-cognitive intervention used with students who experience a wide array of social difficulties, secondary to autism, anxiety, ADHD and other disorders. Ms. Rossman also has experience using a variety of executive function treatment techniques in order to help students with planning, organizing thoughts and language, memory, and initiating tasks and activities. Additionally, Ms. Rossman is well practiced in the application of The Zones of Regulation™, a curriculum geared toward helping students gain skills in consciously regulating their actions, which in turn leads to increased control and problem solving skills for kids with difficulty controlling impulsive behaviors.
In addition to her work at the Child Mind Institute, she currently serves as a speech language pathologist at the Quad Preparatory School. At the Quad, she delivers individual and group treatment services to students, collaborates with parents and outside providers, and provides ongoing consultation to teachers and staff.
- Speech-Language Pathologist, The Quad Preparatory School
- Research Assistant, Department of Speech-Language and Hearing Sciences, Boston University Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Services
- Clinical Fellow, The Quad Preparatory School
- Graduate Intern, Social Thinking Boston
- Graduate Intern, Framingham High School/Walsh Middle School
- Graduate Intern, Beverly Hospital
- MS, Speech-Language Pathology, Boston University Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Services
- BS, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Pennsylvania State University