Christine Vuolo, MS
Clinical Extern, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Jennifer Oscherician, Staff AssociateJennifer.email@example.com
Christine Vuolo, MS, is a clinical extern in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is currently in the process of earning her doctoral degree in school psychology from St. John’s University. Ms. Vuolo is skilled in providing psychoeducational evaluations of children with learning disorders, ADHD and social-emotional difficulties. She has experience using evaluations to discover students’ strengths and weaknesses, as well as to develop evidence-based treatment plans that are matched to the needs of the students.
Ms. Vuolo has experience providing individual therapy for students with ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, anxiety disorders and executive functioning difficulties. She also provided individual therapy to young adults with depression, social anxiety, PTSD and substance abuse problems. Over the past three years, Ms. Vuolo has taught classes for young adults on various wellness topics including time management, stress reduction, sleep hygiene, physical fitness, nutrition, mindfulness and study skills.
Ms. Vuolo has also conducted research on community bystander programs aimed to prevent violence and other crises. She was the co-creator of an Interactive Peer Theater bystander program, which she evaluated at St. John’s University. Ms. Vuolo has spoken about this program and keeping students safe at various professional conferences.
- Extern, Hewlett-Woodmere Public School District
- Student Clinician, St. John’s Center for Psychological Services
- PsyD (Expected 2019), School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, St. John’s University
- BS, Psychology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, SUNY New Paltz
- BA, Theatre Arts, School of Fine and Performing Arts, SUNY New Paltz