Crystal Chen, MA
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Crystal Chen, MA is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a third-year doctoral student in the Clinical Psychology Program at the Derner School of Psychology at Adelphi University. Prior to her doctoral training, Mrs. Chen received her bachelor’s degree in social work at New York University. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and adults with a range of mood issues and personality disorders.
Mrs. Chen has received training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and mentalization based therapy (MBT). Mrs. Chen has provided individual, parent-child, family and group therapy in clinical and community settings. She has held externship and internship positions at the Derner Hempstead Child Clinic and East Village Access. She is particularly interested in the treatment and assessment of attachment trauma. Her doctoral research examines cross-cultural attachment issues among international Asian college students.
- Clinical Extern, Derner Hempstead Child Clinic
- Social Work Intern, East Village Access, Community Access
- Student Clinician, Derner Clinic, Adelphi University, Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
- PhD (Expected 2024), Clinical Psychology, Adelphi University, Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Adelphi University, Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
- BSW, New York University School of Social Work