Emily Nichols, MS
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Emily Nichols, MS, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral student in the school psychology program at St. John’s University. Ms. Nichols is trained in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), and exposure therapy. She is skilled in providing evidence-based treatments to children, adolescents, and adults with generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, depression, ADHD, and selective mutism.
Ms. Nichols has provided individual and group therapy in schools and at the St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services. She has also conducted comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations with diverse populations in clinical, school, and private settings. Prior to beginning her doctoral training, Ms. Nichols worked as an early childhood educator in Washington, D.C.
- Graduate Student Therapist, St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services
- Testing Technician, Psychological Diagnostic Evaluations of New York
- School Psychology Extern, Great Neck South Middle School
- PsyD (Expected 2021) School Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, St. John’s University
- BA, Psychology, The George Washington University