Gabriela Rodrigues is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the clinical psychology program at Adelphi University. Ms. Rodrigues has received training in differential diagnosis and providing individual and group treatments including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and parent management therapy (PMT). She has experience assessing and providing treatment to children, adolescents, and adults with anxiety disorders, depression, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and trauma. Additionally, Ms. Rodrigues has experience administering cognitive and achievement testing to assess for neurodevelopmental disorders. Her doctoral research examines how the parent-child relationship relates to children’s positive development (for example, gratitude and theory of mind).
- Psychology Extern, Westchester Jewish Community Services – Hartsdale, NY
- Psychology Extern, Derner Hempstead Child Clinic – Hempstead, NY
- Student Trainee, Center for Psychological Services, Adelphi University – Garden City, NY
- PhD (expected 2024), Clinical Psychology, Adelphi University – Garden City, NY
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University – New York, NY
- BA, Psychology, SUNY Oneonta – Oneonta, NY