Gizzelle Lopez, LMSW, is a social worker on the School and Community Programs team at the Child Mind Institute. She received her master’s degree in social work from Fordham University. Ms. Lopez has extensive experience breaking down barriers to mental health treatment and tackling social-emotional challenges with marginalized youth and their families. She has expertise in areas including social-emotional learning initiatives, motivational interviewing, crisis intervention, loss and trauma, mindfulness, and substance abuse prevention and intervention.
Ms. Lopez has over 10 years of experience working in various New York City school settings and nonprofit agencies. Throughout her academic and professional careers, she has solidified her commitment to increasing access to mental health services among marginalized communities. Ms. Lopez is also passionate about education equity, advocacy, social justice, and working closely with teachers and families to support social-emotional growth both inside and outside of the classroom.
- SAPIS Counselor, NYC Department of Education
- OASAS Prevention Specialist, United Activities Unlimited
- Behavior Specialist, Eden II Programs
- School Social Work Intern, NYC Department of Education, New York, NY
- LMSW, Social Work, Fordham University, New York, NY
- BA, Sociology, St. John’s University, New York, NY