Harold S. Koplewicz, MD
Harold S. Koplewicz, MD, is the founding President and Medical Director of the Child Mind Institute and is a senior child and adolescent psychiatrist in the Psychopharmacology Center. One of the nation’s leading child and adolescent psychiatrists, he is known as an innovator in the field, a strong advocate for child mental health and a master clinician.
The mission of the Child Mind Institute, founded in 2009 by Dr. Koplewicz, Brooke Garber Neidich and Debra Perelman, is to:
- Offer best-in-class evidence-based clinical care
- Engage the global scientific community in visionary research to discover more effective treatments
- Educate and empower parents by providing trustworthy information and resources
- Use passionate advocacy to remove the stigma associated with psychiatric disorders
Dr. Koplewicz continues to guide the Institute towards accomplishing this mission. He has been repeatedly recognized in America’s Top Doctors, Best Doctors in America and New York Magazine‘s “Best Doctors in New York,” and was named one of WebMD’s 2014 Health Heroes for his advocacy on behalf of children with psychiatric or learning disorders. He has been the editor-in-chief of the Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology since 1997.
Follow Dr. Koplewicz on Twitter.
- Executive Director, Nathan S. Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research (NKI)
- Vice Dean and Senior Vice President, NYU Langone Medical Center
- Chairman, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU School of Medicine
- Arnold and Debbie Simon Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Founding director, NYU Child Study Center
- Member, working group organized by the U.S. Assistant Surgeon General and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to address the effects of terrorism on children’s mental health
- Chief, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Member, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Commissioner, New York State Commission on Youth, Crime and Violence and Reform of the Juvenile Justice System
- NIMH Research Fellow, Child Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute
- Child Psychiatry Fellow, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Psychiatric Resident, New York Hospital Westchester Division
- Intern, Pediatrics, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center
- MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- BS, Psychology, University of Maryland
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
More from Harold S. Koplewicz, MD
Ready to Get Started?
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form below or call us at 877.203.3452 to request an appointment with one of our expert clinicians. A member of our intake team will follow up with you.