Jacob Lackow, PhD
Associate Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Brittany Barnett, Staff Associatebrittany.email@example.com
Jacob D. Lackow, PhD, is an associate psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Lackow has experience evaluating and treating children, adolescents and young adults with anxiety, mood, and disruptive behavior disorders, as well as emotional dysregulation.
Dr. Lackow has particular expertise in providing cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to children and adolescents with mood and anxiety disorders, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to adolescents and young adults, and parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT) to families of preschool-aged children who struggle with disruptive behavior. He has also received training in evidence-based attachment and interpersonal interventions for adolescents diagnosed with depressive disorders. Dr. Lackow has experience administering evaluations and treatment in different settings including outpatient and inpatient settings and inside schools. His research interests include studying the long term effectiveness of PCIT.
Dr. Lackow is committed to empowering young people who are struggling socially, emotionally, or with their family relationships. He works cooperatively with youth and their families to tailor treatment to each individual’s unique needs, within the framework of evidence-based practice.
- Doctoral Intern, Youth Development Program, Providence Saint John’s Child and Family Development Center
- Extern, Adolescent Inpatient Unit, Bellevue Hospital Center
- Extern, School-based Health Center at Franklin K. Lane High School, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- BA, Psychology, Northern Arizona University