Jillian DiPietro, LCSW
Clinical Social Worker, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Jenna Borenstein, Staff AssociateJenna.Borenstein@childmind.org
Jillian C. DiPietro, LCSW, is a clinical social worker in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center and the Selective Mutism Service at the Child Mind Institute. Ms. DiPietro specializes in the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of children and adolescents with ADHD, disruptive and oppositional behaviors, Selective Mutism, Autism Spectrum Disorder, anxiety and other behavior and emotional disorders. She also has a special focus in the evaluation and treatment of girls and young women with ADHD.
Ms. DiPietro has an expertise in a wide array of evidence-based and empirically informed practices. Ms. DiPietro is a certified PCIT Therapist by PCIT International and is skilled in providing traditional PCIT as well as toddler, emotional dysregulation, and anxiety adaptations of the intervention. She has extensive experience in a range of behavioral therapies for children including behavioral parent training, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT), Incredible Years, social skills training and individualized school consultation. Ms. DiPietro was a part of the founding team to create the Child Mind Institute Summer Program, an intensive summer experience for children with learning, behavioral, and social needs.
Ms. DiPietro has experience leading therapeutic support groups for families and caregivers as well as past experiences with adults with severe psychiatric disorders, individuals with gender dysphoria, and survivors of sexual assault. She is committed to providing parents and educators with a sound understanding of mental health interventions to fit a child’s individual needs. Ms. DiPietro is dedicated to empowering children and their caregivers by providing them with the tools to reach their fullest potential.
- Sexual Assault Counselor and Medical Advocate, YWCA of Lancaster, Lancaster, PA
- Chapter Founder, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, Lancaster, PA
- Head Counselor, Ramapo for Children, Ramapo, NY
- PCIT Therapist, PCIT International, New York, NY
- Clinical Intern, Adult Outpatient Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center/ New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
- Clinical Intern, Coalition High School, Partnership with Children, New York, NY
- Clinical Intern, Early Childhood Program, Lutheran Social Services, Bronx, NY
- MSSW, Clinical Social Work, Specialty in Mental Health, Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, NY
- BA, Psychology, Millersville University, Millersville, PA