Joel Dresnick, MSW
Joel Dresnick, MSW is a social work intern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. He is a second-year student at Columbia University’s School of Social Work (CSSW). During Joel’s second semester at CSSW, he was accepted into Columbia University’s competitive dialectical behavioral therapy program. Through this program, Joel is receiving intensive clinical training in treating adolescents with mood disorders and issues with emotional regulation. During Joel’s first year at CSSW, he was a clinical intern at the JCC Center for Special Needs, where he provided individual and group services for adults with varying disabilities.
Prior to his transition into the field of clinical social work, Joel taught English in Japan for several years and received his Juris Doctorate from University of Colorado Law School. Joel is passionate about behavioral health and mental health advocacy.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training, Behavioral Tech; New York, NY
- Clinical Intern, Marlene Meyerson JCC Center for Special Needs; New York, NY
- Motivational Interview Training, Columbia University; New York, New York
- MSW, Advanced Clinical Practice; Columbia University School of Social Work; New York, NY (expected 2023)
- JD, University of Colorado Law School; Boulder, CO (2020)
- BA, Muhlenberg College; Allentown, PA (2013)