Clinical Extern, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Kayleigh Kangas-Dick is a clinical extern in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Ms. Kangas-Dick is currently a fourth-year doctoral student in the school psychology program at Teachers College, Columbia University, where her research focuses on how differences in the verbal, adaptive and behavioral functioning of children with autism spectrum disorders can create challenges for parenting and parent well-being.
Ms. Kangas-Dick has experience providing individual and group therapy, as well as school-based consultation services for children in culturally diverse populations. In her time at the Seaver Autism Center at Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, she conducted skills-based group therapy and administered psychological assessments to both children and adults. Ms. Kangas-Dick also has experience conducting psychoeducational and neuropsychological evaluations of children and adolescents.
- Psychology Extern, Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment, Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Psychology Summer Extern, Brooklyn Learning Center
- School Psychology Extern, St. Agatha School
- Individual Psychological Assessment Teaching Assistant, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Childhood Disorders Diagnostic Interviewing Teaching Assistant, Teachers College, Columbia University
- PhD (Expected 2021), School Psychology, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, University of Connecticut