Laura Berssenbrugge, MS
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Juliet Schwarz, Staff AssociateJuliet.email@example.com
Laura Berssenbrugge, MS, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center and Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Ms. Berssenbrugge is skilled in providing evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), parent-child interaction therapy for selective mutism (PCIT-SM), parent management training and the PEERS social skills program. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with generalized anxiety disorder, social phobia, depression, specific phobias, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), oppositional defiant disorder, Tourette’s disorder and selective mutism.
Ms. Berssenbrugge has provided individual, parent-child dyad and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She has held externship positions at the Child Study Center at NYU Langone Medical Center, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital and Brooklyn Friends School. Ms. Berssenbrugge previously worked at The College Board where she reviewed requests for accommodations from students with disabilities for the SAT, PSAT and AP tests. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Berssenbrugge worked as an English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher in Japan and as an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapist with children with ASD. Her doctoral research examines psychological factors involved in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and hoarding disorder.
- Clinical Extern, Comprehensive Adolescent Rehabilitation and Education Services (CARES), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- Clinical Extern, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Service, Child Study Center, NYU Langone Medical Center
- School Extern, Brooklyn Friends School
- Student Clinician, Max and Celia Parnes Family Clinic, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- Clinical Reviewer, The College Board
- ABA Therapist, All About Behavior, Honolulu, HI
- PsyD (Expected 2019), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology of Yeshiva University
- BS, Applied Psychology, New York University