Lauren Haliczer, MA
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Lauren Haliczer, MA, is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year graduate student in the clinical psychology doctoral program at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Ms. Haliczer has experience delivering dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to young adults and adults in the form of individual therapy, phone coaching, and DBT skills group. She has experience treating a range of conditions, including borderline personality disorder, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, anorexia nervosa, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder, along with suicidal and non-suicidal self-injurious behaviors. Ms. Haliczer has also conducted neuropsychological evaluations for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning disorders with children and adults.
Ms. Haliczer’s research interests include the social and emotional factors that contribute to the onset and maintenance of non-suicidal self-injury and borderline personality disorder. Her master’s degree thesis examines peer criticism and praise as proximal risk factors for self-injury among young adults. Prior to her graduate studies at UMass, Lauren earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Tulane University, and her master’s degree in clinical psychology from Teachers College, Columbia University. She was a lab manager for both the Adolescent Depression and Suicide Program and the Behavioral Health Integration Program at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, NY. Lauren is currently an adherence coder on a study comparing 6 months versus 12 months of DBT.
- Neuropsychological Assessment Practicum, Psychological Services Center, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- ADHD Assessment Practicum, Psychological Services Center, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Practicum, Psychological Services Center, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- PhD (Expected 2021), Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- MS (Expected 2019), Clinical Psychology, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BS, Psychology, Tulane University