Clinical Extern, ADHD & Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Maura is a clinical psychology doctoral student at St. John’s University, approaching her 4th year, where she specializes in child psychology. Ms. Francis previously held an externship position at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. As a psychology extern, she provided neuropsychological assessments to children/adolescents and developmental assessments to children whom were born in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Ms. Francis also gained additional experience in providing treatment and children, adolescents, young adults, and families with a range of presenting problems and mental health issues. She also worked as a doctoral fellow at her University’s training community clinic where she conducted preliminary phone screenings to potential clients seeking psychotherapy and psycho-educational assessment and assisted in clinical administrative tasks. Ms. Francis is interested in working with families from a multi-systemic approach, so she is eager to enhance her knowledge in learning techniques and skills from PCIT and PMT to help parents manage childhood disruptive behaviors and promote self-efficacy within parents, caregivers, and children in multiple settings.
- Clinical Psychology Extern, SUNY Downstate Medical Center—Children’s Mental Health Center
- Doctoral Fellow, St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services
- PhD (Expected 2022), Clinical Psychology, St. John’s University
- MS (Expected 2019), Clinical Psychology, St. John’s University
- BA, Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University, Beaver Campus