Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Juliet Schwarz , Staff AssociateJuliet.firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Silverman, EdM, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center and Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fifth-year doctoral candidate in the School Psychology Program at Teachers College, Columbia University. Ms. Silverman has experience conducting psychoeducational evaluations and providing individual psychotherapy to children with a range of cognitive and social-emotional difficulties. She has also co-led dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) skills groups with adolescents in a range of school and clinical settings. Prior to graduate school, she worked as a clinical research coordinator at the OCD and Related Disorders Program at Massachusetts General Hospital and as a counselor at the Klarman Eating Disorder Center at McLean Hospital.
Ms. Silverman assists with several research projects at the Center for Drug Use and HIV Research at New York University. She recently coordinated a study examining the feasibility of a CBT-informed mobile health technology intervention to help college students with alcohol abuse. Her doctoral research focuses on the impact of adverse childhood experiences on sexual risk behavior among incarcerated male youth. Ms. Silverman has also taught a psychoeducational assessment practicum lab for two years and assisted with a neuropsychological assessment course at her current institution, Teachers College.
- Extern, Rockville Centre School District
- Extern, Saint Dominic’s Home-Family Foster Care Program
- Volunteer, Child and Family Institute, Mount Sinai St. Luke’s Hospital
- School Psychology Practicum, Xavier High School
- School Psychology Practicum, Dean Hope Center for Educational and Psychological Services
- PhD (Expected 2019), School Psychology, Columbia University
- EdM, School Psychology, Teachers College
- BA, Psychology, Bates College