Priscilla Morrison, PsyD
Clinical Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute, San Francisco Bay Area
Nicole Hickmott, Staff AssociateNicole.Hickmott@childmind.org
Priscilla Morrison, PsyD, is a clinical neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the neuropsychological evaluation of children and adolescents with a variety of cognitive, behavioral, and social-emotional challenges. Dr. Morrison works with families to better understand their child’s strengths in order to support areas of difficulty. She provides recommendations to help families, school staff, therapists, and other professionals collaborate to facilitate positive growth and development for each child.
Throughout her training, Dr. Morrison has worked with children with a variety of neurodevelopmental concerns, including attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder and learning difficulties. She also has considerable experience evaluating children with co-occurring medical conditions, including epilepsy, brain tumors, leukemia, genetic syndromes, cardiac conditions, and prematurity. In addition, she has provided cognitive behavioral therapy to treat mood concerns and behavioral challenges.
Dr. Morrison has conducted research comparing different measures of attention and evaluating a relationship education program for young adults. She has also collaborated on research to assess neuropsychological functioning in epilepsy patients pre- and post-laser ablation. Other research interests include mindfulness practice and the impact on professional quality of life. Dr. Morrison has also been actively involved in training graduate students.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Pediatric Neuropsychology, Department of Neuroscience at Sutter Medical Foundation
- Doctoral Psychology Intern, Pediatric Track, Rusk Rehabilitation at New York University Langone Health
- Pediatric Neuropsychology Extern, The Saban Research Institute at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
- Neuropsychology Extern, The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at the University of California Los Angeles
- Psychology Extern, Wiseburn Unified School District
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Education and Psychology, Pepperdine University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy, Graduate School of Education and Psychology, Pepperdine University
- BS, Psychology, St. Lawrence University