Rachel McDonald, MPS
Rachel McDonald, MPS, is a clinical extern in the Autism Center at the Child Mind Institute. She has experience treating behavioral disorders, dysregulation, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, and depression in both those with neurodevelopmental disabilities and neurotypical individuals. Rachel has been trained in various evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and several social skills-based approaches Additionally, Rachel has experience conducting neuropsychological, diagnostic, and educational assessments.
Prior to joining the Child Mind Institute, Rachel trained in the treatment and assessment of autism spectrum disorders at Goryeb Children’s Hospital and Kennedy Krieger Institute. Rachel’s research interests focus on understanding and treating underlying mechanisms that lead to the maintenance and development of co-occurring mental health challenges in autistic individuals.
- Extern, Goryeb Children’s Hospital – Morristown, NJ
- Psychometrist, Neuro-lifespan LLC – Roseland, NJ
- Research Coordinator, Kennedy Krieger Institute – Baltimore, MD
- PhD, Clinical Psychology (expected 2025), Montclair State University – Montclair, NJ
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Montclair State University – Montclair, NJ
- MPS, Clinical Psychological Sciences, University of Maryland – Baltimore, MD
- BA, Psychology, West Virginia University – Morgantown, WV