Rachel Ribakove, MS
Behavioral Technician, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Rachel Ribakove, MS, is a behavioral technician in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is currently a fifth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Ms. Ribakove has experience providing evidence-based treatments to children, adolescents and young adults with ADHD, learning difficulties, executive dysfunction due to medical conditions, anxiety, depression, autism spectrum disorder and tic disorder. These treatments have been delivered in both clinical and school settings, and include individual, parent and child, and group interventions.
Ms. Ribakove has experience in providing neuropsychological evaluations for children and adolescents with a variety of developmental, social-emotional and medical conditions. She is skilled in identifying patterns of strengths and weaknesses to inform recommendations tailored to each child. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Ribakove was a student teacher at a special education preschool, and tutored children and adolescents. She also was an undergraduate intern at the Child Mind Institute, where she participated in a variety of clinical services and projects, including an intensive program for children with a specific learning disability in writing and Brave Buddies. Her doctoral research examines the relationship between intelligence testing and reading ability.
- Neuropsychology/Clinical Extern, Division of ADHD, Learning Disorders, and Related Disorders, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Clinical Neuropsychology Extern, Pediatric Neurology, Columbia University Medical Center
- Clinical Extern, Child Development Center, Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services
- School Extern, Quad Preparatory School
- PsyD (Expected 2020), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- BS, Psychology and Child Development, Tufts University