Ruhee L. Sutar, PhD
Associate Neuropsychologist, Learning and Development Center and ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Allie Bel Bruno, Staff AssociateAllie.BelBruno@childmind.org
Ruhee L. Sutar, PhD, is an associate neuropsychologist in the Learning and Development Center and the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Dr. Sutar has experience conducting neuropsychological evaluations and providing treatment for individuals ranging from preschool-age through early adulthood. She has worked with individuals with a variety of developmental, learning, social-emotional, behavioral and psychiatric concerns. Additionally, Dr. Sutar has evaluated individuals with complex medical issues, including brain injuries, chronic illnesses and genetic disorders. She has conducted assessments in schools, outpatient community mental health centers, hospitals and outpatient clinical practices.
Dr. Sutar has expertise working within the cultural context of her patients and their families, and is experienced working with families from diverse backgrounds. In addition, Dr. Sutar emphasizes the involvement of families, caregivers and providers throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment. She is committed to providing exceptional support for families as they go through the evaluation process.
Dr. Sutar is fluent in English and Hindi and provides clinical services in both languages.
- Doctoral Psychology Intern (Assessment Track), Centerstone Consortium, Sarasota, FL
- School Psychology Extern, Farmingdale Public Schools, Farmingdale, NY
- Psychology Extern (Supervisor), Fordham University – The Hagin School Consultation & Early Childhood Centers, New York, NY
- Neuropsychology Extern, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital at NYU Langone – Child Study Center, Lake Success, NY
- Neuropsychology Extern, Integrative Neuropsychological Services, New York, NY
- Psychology Extern, Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics at Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York – Northwell Health, Lake Success, NY
- PhD, School Psychology, Fordham University
- MSEd, Psychology of Bilingual Students, Fordham University
- BA, Psychology, SUNY Potsdam