Samantha Ladell, MS
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Samantha Ladell, MS, is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a rising fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Ms. Ladell is skilled in providing evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT), social skills groups, and has experience in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and mindfulness-based strategies. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents, and young adults with chronic stress and trauma, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety disorder, ADHD, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), disruptive behavioral disorders, overall difficulties with mood dysregulation, and complex medical disorders and genetic disorders.
Ms. Ladell has provided individual, dyadic, and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She has held externship positions at New Alternatives for Children (NAC) and Cooke Grammar School. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Ladell worked as a paraprofessional at an out-of-district placement school with children with severe emotional and behavioral challenges. Her doctoral research examines how comorbidity may interfere with the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
- Clinical Extern, New Alternatives for Children
- School Extern, Cooke Grammar School
- Student Clinician, Max and Celia Parnes Family Clinic, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- Paraprofessional, Chapel Hill Academy
- PsyD (Expected 2021), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology of Yeshiva University
- BS, Psychology, Lafayette College