Sol Wahba, MA
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Katie Connolly, Staff Associatekatie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sol Wahba, MA, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center and Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. He is currently a graduate student at Fairleigh Dickinson University earning his doctoral degree in clinical psychology. Mr. Wahba has received training in providing cognitive behavioral therapy, as well as conducting psychological and neuropsychological evaluations. Mr. Wahba has held previous externship positions at the Fairleigh Dickinson University Center for Psychological Services (FDU CPS) and at the NYU Child Study Center. He has provided individual and group therapy for children, adolescents and adults with anxiety, mood issues, ADHD and behavioral problems.
Prior to starting graduate school, Mr. Wahba volunteered on the child psychiatric inpatient unit at Bellevue Hospital Center. At Bellevue, he conducted PTSD screenings and assisted during trauma-focused CBT group therapy sessions. Additionally, Mr. Wahba volunteered at the NYU Child Study Center for the intensive OCD Summer Program. Mr. Wahba’s research interests center on quality of life. Currently, his research seeks to examine how experiences of daily hassles impact one’s quality of life.
- Psychology Extern, Child Study Center at Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Psychology Extern, Fairleigh Dickinson University Center for Psychological Services
- Psychology Trainee, Fairleigh Dickinson University Center for Psychological Services
- PhD (Expected 2019), Clinical Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- MA, General/ Theoretical Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- BA, Psychology (major); Child and Adolescent Mental Health Studies (minor), New York University