Sylvia Ryszewska, MA
Clinical Extern, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Sylvia Ryszewska, MA, is a clinical extern in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Clinical Psychology program at Fairleigh Dickinson University. Ms. Ryszewska is skilled in conducting psychodiagnostic assessments and providing various evidence-based treatments including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), social skills training and parent management training in a variety of formats (individual, parent-child and group). She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and adults with adjustment disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, ADHD, obsessive-compulsive disorder, autism spectrum disorder and depression.
Ms. Ryszewska has received training at a community mental health clinic, an inpatient psychiatric hospital and a public high school. She is particularly interested in the treatment and assessment of mood, anxiety and comorbid disorders in adolescence. Her doctoral research examines the construct validity of the anxiety and depression scales of a popular psychometric instrument.
- Clinical Psychology Extern, Center for Psychological Services, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Psychological Testing Extern, Four Winds Hospital
- School Extern, Bergenfield High School
- PhD (Expected 2022), Clinical Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- MA, Developmental Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA, Psychology, CUNY Hunter College