Tamar Buechler, BA
Clinical Extern, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Tamar Buechler is a clinical extern in the Learning and Development Center at Child Mind Institute. She is a third-year doctoral student in school psychology at Rutgers University. Ms. Buechler has experience conducting psychoeducational and neuropsychological evaluations for children and adolescents.
Ms. Buechler worked as a diagnostician for the Youth Anxiety and Depression Clinic at Rutgers University, where she conducted diagnostic assessments for children with anxiety, depression and other disorders. She trained in the manualized treatments for these disorders.
Ms. Buechler has experience as an organizational tutor, who works with children and adolescents to enhance their executive functioning skills and encourage the development of long-term strategies for success. She collaborates closely with parents, teachers, learning specialists and other therapeutic supports to provide the most comprehensive system of care for each student.
Ms. Buechler was additionally a Mighty Mouth Kids Camp Counselor where she worked one on one with children with selective mutism.
- School Extern, Tenafly Middle School
- Diagnostician, Youth Anxiety and Depression Clinic, Rutgers University
- School Extern, Fort Lee School District
- PsyD (Expected 2023), School Psychology, Rutgers University – Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology
- BA, Psychology and Philosophy, Brandeis University