Yea Seul Pyun, MA
Clinical Extern, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Julia Giordano, Staff AssociateJulia.firstname.lastname@example.org
Yea Seul Pyun, MA, is a clinical extern in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. Ms. Pyun has a master’s degree in clinical psychology from Minnesota State University at Mankato. She is currently a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the clinical psychology program at St. John’s University.
Ms. Pyun has experience providing psychoeducational assessments and empirically supported treatments to children with ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, and disruptive and aggressive behaviors. She has worked with parents to provide behavior management training and has provided organizational skills training to children with ADHD.
Ms. Pyun has been involved in research projects examining how parenting, discipline and parent-child relationships could influence internalizing and externalizing behaviors in children and adolescents. Her master’s degree research evaluated the impact of father-child relationships on internalizing and externalizing behaviors in adolescents. She is currently investigating how parental verbal aggression could impact children’s internalizing and externalizing behaviors.
- Psychology Extern, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Special Combined Program, The Child Study Center at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Clinical Psychotherapy and Psychoeducational Assessment Practicum, St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Intake Practicum, St. John’s University Center for Psychological Services
- Psychoeducational Assessment Practicum, Assessment Clinic at Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Psychology Summer Extern, Munroe-Meyer Institute
- Applied Behavior Analysis Teaching Assistant, Hand In Hand Early Childhood Center
- PhD (Expected 2020), Clinical Psychology (Child Track), St. John’s University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- BA, Counseling and Industrial Psychology, Sun Moon University, Korea
- BA, Psychology, State University of New York College at New Paltz