Clinical Psychologist/Director of Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program, Mood Disorders Center (MDC)
The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we’re helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
Child Mind Institute is now recruiting for a clinical psychologist and Director of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program for its new Mood Disorders Center, one of four programs that comprise our rapidly expanding Child Mind Medical Practice. The Center offers cutting edge, tailored treatment services for children and adolescents suffering from mood disorders and related concerns, including depressive disorders, bipolar disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, suicidality and self-harm, and emotional dysregulation. The successful candidate will collaboratively participate in our multidisciplinary group practice and contribute to a dynamic, growing team. The primary job responsibility of the clinical psychologist will be conducting clinical interventions Mood Disorders Center clients. In addition, the successful candidate will direct our growing, adherent adolescent and young adult DBT program.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
- Manage and direct the DBT program under the supervision of the Senior Director. Execute initiatives for program development and growth.
- Evaluate current program and develop innovative, flexible solutions to enhance the quality of the program. Develop and launch new initiatives to expand the program.
- Serve as Child Mind Institute’s internal and external marketer of the program. Responsible for executing initiatives to increase recruitment and referrals.
- Oversee quality assurance for the program.
- Provide comprehensive diagnostic evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents with mood disorders, including clients with comorbid anxiety-related disorders and externalizing disorders.
- Provide empirically-supported treatments including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and may also incorporate the use of mindfulness-based interventions in treatment.
- Conduct family-based interventions with parents and other family members, and collateral contacts with educators and other providers.
- Collaborate with our board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrists on cases requiring pharmacotherapy.
- Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees and participate in providing psychoeducation on mood disorders for community outreach and presentation efforts.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center.
- Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited program in clinical psychology
- Completion of APA-approved clinical pre-doctoral internship
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
- New York State psychology license
- At least five years post-licensure working full time in a clinical setting
- Exceptional clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with mood disorders, as well as their families
- Demonstrated expertise in CBT
- Completion of DBT Intensive or Foundational Training as provided by Behavioral Tech
- At least three years of providing DBT treatment in an adherent program
- Flexibility to work hours to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in working clinically with complex comorbid presentations including externalizing disorders and anxiety disorders
- Prior experience supervising and training psychology trainees at various levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
- Able to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong teamwork ethic; positive, flexible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities
- Passion for the Child Mind Institute mission
Application Details and Instructions
Click here to apply. Please upload cover letter, addressed to Jill Emanuele, Ph.D., Senior Director, Mood Disorders Center, and CV in the resume section on the application site.
Child Mind Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, please visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please. This position will remain open until filled.