Desktop Support Specialist
The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we’re helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Child Mind Institute is currently seeking a Desktop Support Specialist who will be responsible for the day-to-day hands on support of the organizations end-users. We’re looking for someone who loves working with end-users and has a background providing desktop support in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You’ll interface directly with internal users at all levels of the organization to resolve IT issues that range from simple to complex.
Reporting to the to the Senior Manager, IT, this is an non-exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date licenses and hardware/software inventory
- Troubleshooting all level 1 technical issues for users of laptops, desktops, and mobile devices
- Responsible for logging, tracking, and reporting all problems completely through resolution
- Perform basic installation and troubleshooting of computer and associated operating systems, operating environments, application software, cable and peripheral equipment
- Onboarding new machines – Laptops and Desktops
- Printer installation, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Provide end-user training & education on technologies, best practices, and Child Mind Institute policies
- Creation of end-user documentation and how-to guides
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or IT related degree and/or combination of directly related work experience commensurate to 2 years’ experience
- Mac OS desktop and iOS device experience in a networked environment
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems in a domain environment
- Strong experience supporting Macs in an Active Directory environment
- Experience with supporting Linux OS
- Experience with encryption of computers and portable devices
- Experience supporting Activesync mobility products
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite for Windows and Mac
- Experience & familiarity with VPN client software
- Strong knowledge of Office 365, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, and Active Directory
- Ability to lift/move objects up to 50+ pounds required
- Assist with IT Projects as required
- Ability to work occasional evenings or weekends in response to the needs of the end users and organization
- Ability to apply a customer services approach to end-user support
- Methodical and disciplined approach to problem solving
- Communicate effectively in-person, over the phone, and through e-mail
- Attentive to detail; able to derive meaning and high level impact from critical analysis of low level detail
- Ability to lead projects to improve workplace efficiency
- Flexible with ever-changing business priorities
- Can be counted on to consistently and successfully deliver results
- Make strategic recommendations based on presentable research
Application Details and Instructions
Click here to apply. Please upload a cover letter and resume/CV as one document in the resume section on the application site.
Child Mind Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, please visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please. This position will remain open until filled.