MRI Research Volunteer
The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we’re helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Child Mind Institute’s Healthy Brain Network (HBN), is an exciting new initiative aimed at collecting imaging, genetic, and phenotypic data from 10,000 children and adolescents throughout NYC. We are looking for volunteers to assist the MRI team in guiding participants and families through the MRI screening process. The MRI volunteer will play an essential role in ensuring that participants and families have a positive experience with the MRI process. The volunteer will report to the MRI Research Coordinator.
This position requires a 6-month commitment of 2-3 hours per week on weekday afternoons/evenings or weekends.
Reporting to the Research Coordinator, Healthy Brain Network, this is an unpaid, part-time volunteer position located at the Rutgers University campus in Newark, New Jersey.
- Guide parents and participants on the phone and in person to screening location
- Greet parents and participants to help them feel comfortable and welcome
- Help parents fill out forms at the beginning of the visit
- Submit “Participant Experience Reports” to help improve participant experience
- Prepare and update checklist ensuring all participants were scanned
- Set up mic equipment and sit with participants while waiting for MRI process to begin
- Call parents/participants to confirm and remind participants about visits
- Bachelor’s degree acquired or in progress
- Experience working with children
- Customer service experience
- Warm, friendly personality; ability to make participants and their families comfortable
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for the mission
Application Details and Instructions
Click here to apply. Please upload a cover letter and resume/CV as one document in the resume section on the application site.
Child Mind Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, please visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please. This position will remain open until filled.