Speech Language Pathologist
The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we’re helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
The Child Mind Institute is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join Child Mind Institute’s Learning and Development Center who will be responsible for assessing, diagnosing, treating, and helping to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in patients. Our group provides early childhood evaluations that partner a speech and language evaluation with a cognitive/developmental assessment for children age 1-5. We see many school age and high school students in public, independent and specialized school settings. We also often see young adults who are transitioning to college or vocational settings.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Learning and Development Center, this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
- Examine, test, diagnose, and administer remedial treatments for patients with speech and language disorders
- Evaluate patients regarding the application of a wide variety of therapeutic techniques for rehabilitation of speech, language, and oral motor disorders
- Record speech samples and conduct phonetic analysis of speech ability
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan that addresses patients’ specific functional needs
- Maintain active and support communication with the patient regarding progress, problems, home programs and other issues related to the therapeutic process
- Preserve and protect patient and client confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation.
- Master’s Degree from a Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited program in speech language pathology
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Flexibility with work schedule to meet productivity goals and deadlines
- Team player and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Bilingual English-Spanish a plus
- Ability to work under pressure to prioritize and manage workload, manage simultaneous tasks and meet deadlines within a fast-paced and changing environment, and
- Strong teamwork ethic; positive, flexible attitude; ability to take complete ownership of responsibilities
- Exceptional clinical skills in the area of speech and language pathology assessment of children and adolescents
- Prior experience in providing treatment or school consultation for children with speech and language problems
Application Details and Instructions
Click here to apply. Please upload a cover letter and resume/CV as one document in the resume section on the application site.
Child Mind Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about the Child Mind Institute, please visit www.childmind.org.
No phone calls or recruiters, please. This position will remain open until filled.