Parenting and Educating Kids in the Time of Anxiety—Balancing Precaution and Bravery
This talk will address the following topics:
- What is the fear response and why is it important and adaptive?
- What is anxiety and what are the different types of anxiety disorders?
- How to parent and educate as the landscape changes
- How to keep children informed in developmentally appropriate ways without inadvertently increasing anxiety
- Ways to encourage bravery in the face of anxiety (e.g. taking tests, trying new things)