Eligible health care workers on our staff have begun receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
To automate health screenings, we are using a platform called Cleared4Work. Parents will receive a text message the morning of your scheduled appointment with a brief questionnaire about COVID-related symptoms and daily temperature check for both parent and child. Cleared4Work will determine if you are “cleared” to report to the office or if you should call to change to a telehealth appointment. Upon completion, guests will receive a green, orange or red pass with a barcode. Unscheduled guests will not be permitted. Scheduled guests will be notified as follows:
- If you receive an orange or red pass, do not report to the office. Call us at 877.203.3452 to change to a telehealth appointment.
- If you receive a green pass, report to the office for your scheduled appointment.
Social Distancing Measures
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more from others.
- If you are unable to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, you must wear a face covering. You must be prepared to wear a face-covering if another person unexpectedly comes within 6 feet.
- Face coverings will be provided to all staff and guests.
- Plexiglass will be installed at desks facing waiting spaces and open hallways.
- Floors and hallways will be marked one-way to promote social distancing.
- Waiting area furniture will be rearranged to ensure 6-foot spacing.
- Signage will be posted reminding staff and guests to maintain social distancing.
- Some spaces will be blocked off to ensure they are not used.
Limits on Guests
- A maximum of one person may accompany a child to any appointment. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Other than scheduled clinical or research appointments, guests are NOT permitted.
- Appointments will be staggered to minimize crowds in waiting areas.
- We will have sanitation stations throughout the office for your convenience. Please wipe surfaces and touchpoints will be wiped frequently and at least after each appointment.
- All touchpoints will be sanitized nightly in addition to our regular cleaning. Touchpoint disinfecting includes doorknobs, copy machines, pantry appliances, cabinets, door handles, keyboards, mice and chair arms.
- Whenever possible, commonly used hard surfaces are treated with NanoSeptic products which continuously work to sanitize these surfaces.
- Whenever possible, we will cover upholstery with plastic and provide non-upholstered seating.
- All waiting area toys and books will be removed. Clinicians and researchers are asked to minimize the toys used in individual offices.
- We will have a strict clean-desk policy – all non-essential items are stored in cabinets or drawers, not on desk surfaces.
- Our buildings follow all local guidelines for water safety including treatment and regular sample testing.
- All HVAC filters will be replaced and upgraded to the highest possible level.
- Air filters will be provided for clinical and research offices.
- Whenever possible, windows and doors will be kept open.
- If the Child Mind Institute becomes aware of any employee or guest who has been in the office who has tested positive for COVID-19, guests and employees who may have been in contact with that individual will be notified, but that individual’s identity will not be disclosed.