Outcomes and Impact
The Student Success Program provides direct services to over 100 schools annually in New York City and the surrounding area, reaching over 21,000 students, parents and educators. Additional initiatives and school-based partnerships allow the Student Success Program to serve communities in Baltimore and in San Francisco. Our interventions lead to more productive, healthy classroom environments, including:
- Increase in on-task time in the classroom among high-need students, leading to an average increase of 14 minutes of focused learning time per class hour, or 300+ hours over the course of the school year.
- Student-reported decrease in symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression among trauma-exposed students who have received trauma treatment from a Child Mind Institute clinician.
- Teacher- and parent-reported decreases in behavior problems and increases in appropriate and compliant behavior among students who have received behavioral treatment from a Child Mind Institute clinician.
- Increase in students’ knowledge of mental health skills after participating in resilience-building workshops, spanning topics such as emotion identification, coping and relaxation strategies, and social problem-solving strategies with peers
- Decrease in teachers’ job-related stress after participating in Student Success Program interventions