Outcomes and Impact
Our School and Community Programs provides direct services to over 150 schools annually in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area, reaching over 40,000 students, parents and educators. Additional initiatives and school-based partnerships allow our School and Community Programs to serve communities in Baltimore, MD. Our interventions lead to more productive, healthy classroom environments, including:
- Increase in on-task time in the classroom among high-need students, leading to an average increase of 14 minutes of focused learning time per class hour, or 300+ hours over the course of the school year.
- Student-reported decrease in symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression among trauma-exposed students who have received trauma treatment from a Child Mind Institute clinician.
- Teacher- and parent-reported decreases in behavior problems and increases in appropriate and compliant behavior among students who have received behavioral treatment from a Child Mind Institute clinician.
- Increase in students’ knowledge of mental health skills after participating in resilience-building workshops, spanning topics such as emotion identification, coping and relaxation strategies, and social problem-solving strategies with peers
- Decrease in teachers’ job-related stress after participating in School and Community Programs interventions