Behavior Service Intervention Training Program
The Child Mind Institute School and Community Programs team is now offering professional training in our Behavior Service Intervention.
The Behavior Service Intervention provides support to elementary school students in grades K–3 who are struggling with behavior and emotion regulation, as well as their educators and caregivers. The intervention includes three components: small-group instruction to help children learn social and emotional skills, biweekly teacher consultation, and family education. The intervention length is approximately 10 weeks.
The training is a full-day (five hours) overview of the Behavior Service Intervention. The training will review the three components of the intervention (small-group instruction, teacher consultation, and family education). After the training, trainees must commit to attending six half-hour clinical supervision meetings during implementation of the intervention, to ensure successful service delivery.
All trained staff receive access to our comprehensive treatment manual including scripts, handouts, and workbooks for students. The training, materials, and data collection are conveniently hosted on our easy-to-use online training platform. Trainees who return data on their delivery of the group treatment to at least one group of students will receive a certificate of completion.
This program is appropriate for NYC DOE school-based mental health providers who can commit to the following:
- Obtain approval to participate from their principal/administrator (signature required).
- View pre-requisite one-hour behavior management video prior to the training.
- Attend an all-day training from the School and Community Programs team at the Child Mind Institute.
- Deliver the intervention to a minimum of one student group with teacher consultation support.
- Participate in at least six half-hour clinical supervision meetings following the training during implementation of the intervention.
- Collect student results using a valid and reliable measure at pre- and post-intervention and provide that data to the Child Mind Institute for review.
If you are interested in receiving this training and have access to students and teachers to whom you may provide behavior supports this school year, we invite you to apply.
Training Details (NYC)
Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Time: 9am to 3pm
Location: Child Mind Institute Office, Midtown Manhattan
The above training date is only for employees of NYC DOE schools.
If you are interested in receiving trainings to provide BSI in your school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training Details (National)
Our School and Community Programs team would be happy to partner with your school, school district, or organization if you would be interested in holding a training for your staff. If you are interested or have questions regarding the curricula and training opportunities available through the Child Mind Institute, please reach out to email@example.com.