Caroline Axelrod Mendel, PsyD
Associate Psychologist, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Julia Giordano, Staff AssociateJulia.email@example.com
Caroline Axelrod Mendel, PsyD, is an associate psychologist in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She brings a solid foundation in interventions for youth with ADHD and disruptive behavior disorders, including behavioral parent training, parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT), collaborative problem solving, and the Incredible Years.
Prior to graduate school, Dr. Mendel was on the founding team of the Child Mind Institute. As Public Education Manager, she was project manager for the launch of childmind.org and responsible for the inaugural Speak Up for Kids campaign. She remains committed to increasing access to care and promoting the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions. In particular, Dr. Mendel has developed expertise in school-based initiatives including training school counselors, providing school consultation, and engaging in school-based clinical care and research.
Dr. Mendel has received broad training in evidence-based treatments including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and she is skilled in diagnostic and neuropsychological assessment. She leverages this knowledge base to best meet the individual needs of her patients and their families.
- Intern, Child Track, Columbia University Medical Center/New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Extern, Pediatric Psychology, Rusk Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Medical Center
- Extern, School-Based Mental Health Program, Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York Presbyterian
- Extern, Tourette Syndrome Program, Rutgers University
- Evaluator & Group Leader, Depression Prevention Initiative, Rutgers University
- PsyD, Clinical Psychology, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- PsyM, Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University
- BA, Psychology with Distinction, University of Pennsylvania