Lindsay Macchia, PhD
Associate Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Kaila Falk, Staff Associatekaila.email@example.com
Lindsay Macchia, PhD, is an associate psychologist in the Anxiety Disorders Center and the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in evaluating and treating children, adolescents and young adults with anxiety and mood disorders, as well as chronic stress and trauma. She has particular interest and training in providing cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to children who are diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, selective mutism, specific phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Dr. Macchia has experience administering treatment within multidisciplinary settings, including outpatient, day treatment and inpatient levels of care. She has received extensive training in a variety of evidence-based treatments and is certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). Her research interests involve examining ways to promote effective parent management techniques, as well as to teach emotion recognition skills to elementary aged children with attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Dr. Macchia is dedicated to empowering children and adolescents who are struggling socially, emotionally and academically. She is committed to using empirically supported techniques to guide her treatments with youth and their families, while tailoring treatments to each individual’s specific needs and goals.
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, Child Track, Long Island Jewish Medical Center – the Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Extern, 1 West Adolescent Inpatient Unit, the Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Extern, Crime Victims Unit, Department of Trauma Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital
- Extern, ADHD Center, Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Crisis Counselor, Hofstra University Student Counseling Services
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- BA, Psychology, Honors Program, University of Maryland, College Park