Lindsay Macchia, PhD
Clinical Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Brittany Barnett, Staff AssociateBrittany.Barnett@childmind.org
Lindsay Macchia, PhD, is a clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in evaluating and treating children, adolescents and young adults with mood and anxiety disorders, as well as chronic stress and trauma, and is a clinician within the Selective Mutism Service. She has training in providing cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and mindfulness-based strategies to individuals who are diagnosed with depression, overall difficulties with mood and behavioral dysregulation, generalized anxiety disorder, selective mutism, specific phobias, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Dr. Macchia is also intensively trained in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy – Prolonged Exposure (DBT-PE), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Children (DBT-C). She has a special interest in helping individuals with co-occurring mood and anxiety disorders.
Dr. Macchia has experience administering treatment within multidisciplinary settings, including outpatient, day treatment and inpatient levels of care. She has received extensive training in a variety of evidence-based treatments, including parent management training (PMT), and is certified in parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT). She is well-versed in behavioral principles, and works closely with parents facing challenges with their children.
Dr. Macchia is dedicated to empowering children and adolescents who are struggling socially, emotionally and academically. She is committed to using empirically-supported techniques to guide her treatments with youth and their families, while tailoring treatments to each individual’s specific needs and goals.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center, Child Mind Institute
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, Child Track, Long Island Jewish Medical Center – the Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Extern, 1 West Adolescent Inpatient Unit, the Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Extern, Crime Victims Unit, Department of Trauma Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital
- Extern, ADHD Center, Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Crisis Counselor, Hofstra University Student Counseling Services
- PhD, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University
- BA, Psychology, Honors Program, University of Maryland, College Park