School and Community Programs
About Our Outcomes
School and Community Programs utilize interventions that are grounded in scientific research and proven to help children and adolescents with mental health.
Since 2012, we have engaged nearly 1.9 million students, parents, teachers, and mental health professionals across over 9,000 schools in New York City, the San Francisco Bay Area, and across the United States. We gather our own data before and after each intervention to evaluate the impact of our programs on students.
Direct Care Outcomes
- Students who participate in our Mental Health Skill-Building curriculum report improved ability to handle problems or stressors
- Students in our mood disorder and trauma treatment groups report decreases in symptoms of depression and PTSD
- Students in our reading intervention groups experience significant increases in reading abilities
- Students who participate in our behavioral treatment groups see gains in appropriate behavior, and their teachers report decreases in behavioral and emotional difficulties
Professional Training Outcomes
- Educators and school mental health professionals who receive training in our Mental Health Skill-Building (MHSB) curriculum score 99% on a content assessment
- School mental health professionals who receive training in our trauma intervention score 97% on a content assessment
- 99% of both MHSB and trauma treatment trainees report that they feel prepared to utilize our curriculum in their school
Video Resource Outcomes
- Our Healthy Minds, Thriving Kids resources have reached over 342,000 students and 100% of all California education districts
- 84% of educators reported that their students found the videos interesting to watch
- 86% of educators gave the resources high marks for quality and content
- 82% of educators reported that they are likely to use the materials with students
See how our team is committed to increasing equity in mental health care, following scientific evidence, and building collaboration with schools and communities.
School and Community Programs empower communities to provide effective support for students and educators.