School and Community Programs
Founded in 2012, the Child Mind Institute’s School and Community Programs have delivered mental health supports to more than 60,000 students, caregivers, educators, and counselors. Breaking down barriers to care, the program brings a suite of evidence-based services to prevent and treat student mental health disorders in school and community settings. We also build the capacity of school communities to meet students’ mental health needs independently.
Our direct care services are available locally to school and community partners in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area. If you would like to partner with us on bringing targeted prevention and intervention services to your students, please contact Taylor Barkee at Taylor.Barkee@childmind.org.
Classroom-level services to facilitate productive learning environments for all students:
- K-12 skill building curriculum to support resilience and promote mental health and wellness
School-wide resources to promote wellness and improve mental health literacy:
- Targeted educator and caregiver workshops to support program application at school and at home
Evidence-based treatment for students requiring intensive support:
- Treatment for students exposed to trauma
- Treatment for students with behavioral or attentional difficulties
- Treatment for students experiencing depression or mood symptoms
- Reading remediation for students struggling with early reading skills
- Coaching, training, and resources for educators and caregivers to support students receiving treatment
Training for school counselors and educators to deliver our interventions independently:
- K-12 mental health skill building training program for educators
- Training and supervision for school-based mental health professionals on treatment for students experiencing posttraumatic stress
If you are interested in professional training for your school district, please contact Sarah Slough at Sarah.Slough@childmind.org.
Outcomes and Impact
Learn more about our outcomes, community impact, program partners, and work on diversity, equity, and inclusivity here.
Who We Are
Meet the School and Community Programs Team
Bringing Mental Wellness to Classrooms Nationwide
The Child Mind Institute engages kids, parents and educators at school to identify and respond to students’ mental health concerns early and effectively.