A Year Like No Other
Reaching Families Everywhere
The Child Mind Institute responded rapidly to the coronavirus’s impact on mental health with a suite of free, timely resources in English and Spanish.Donate Now
Supporting You and Your Family Wherever You Are
We began 2020 with the goal of furthering the reach and impact of our evidence-based mental health resources to underserved families across the country. The onset of the coronavirus left families abruptly isolated at home, cut off from existing support systems, and the need for accessible mental health resources was greater than ever.
In March, Child Mind Institute clinicians began hosting Facebook Live discussions twice a day, answering questions about children’s mental health in real time. To date, we’ve reached more than 3 million people.
Through our website, email newsletters and social media channels, parents, caregivers and educators have received a comprehensive bilingual suite of guides, articles, webinars and daily tips to help them cope with the pandemic. To date, over 2 million people have accessed these materials.
Topics covered include:
- Coping with Social Anxiety During Social Distancing
- Single Parenting During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Tips for Talking With Your Child With Autism About the Coronavirus
Cultural Relevancy is Top of Mind
- We have established the Child Mind Institute en español Facebook page, which already has nearly 45,000 followers. Spanish-speaking Child Mind Institute clinicians host weekly Facebook Live streams on this channel.
- We expanded our Spanish-language content on childmind.org — over 600 pages, articles, guides, and more!
- To help parents with critical conversations around race and racism, civil unrest and protests, we offer resources and webinars with information on how to talk to kids about these topics.