Alexandra Hamlet, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Mood Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Gabrielle Gottschall, Staff AssociateGabby.Gottschall@childmind.org
Alexandra Hamlet, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of mood and anxiety disorders. She has particular interest in providing cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to children, adolescents and their families and has specific training in the treatment of depression, emotional dysregulation, selective mutism, OCD, and other anxiety disorders.
Dr. Hamlet has received extensive training and is skilled in evidence-based cognitive behavioral interventions such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), exposure with response prevention (ERP) and CBT for eating disorders (CBT-e). She has experience in assessment, consultation, and working with children with severe behavioral presentations in schools. Dr. Hamlet is an adjunct professor in the psychology department at her alma mater, St. John’s University.
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Clinical Psychology, Child Mind Institute
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Therapy West and Academics West, New York, NY
- Intern, Campus Division, Andrus Children’s Center
- Extern, Anxiety and Mood Disorders Center, Child Mind Institute
- Extern, Oceanside Public School System, Oceanside, NY
- PsyD, School Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, St. John’s University
- MS, School Psychology, College of Arts and Sciences, St. John’s University
- BA, English Literature, McGill University