Alexandra Levine, MS, CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist, Learning and Development Center
Child Mind Institute
Allegra Gold, Staff Associateallegra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandra Levine, MS, CCC-SLP, is a speech-language pathologist in the Learning and Development Center at the Child Mind Institute. She specializes in the treatment and evaluation of infants, toddlers and school-aged children with learning and developmental disorders. Mrs. Levine is committed to providing the most effective and appropriate care for both children and their families.
Mrs. Levine believes in a dynamic approach to diagnostics as well as intervention. In her evaluations she combines standardized testing with informal measures, such as play and conversation, to understand how children use language in real time with real people, as well as to assess their ability to adapt and to learn. In her treatment Mrs. Levine works with the child and family to identify real-life, practical goals, helping inform the trajectory of therapy and adapting it to each child’s needs.
Mrs. Levine has more than five years of professional experience working with children and families affected by autism spectrum disorders, language delay and disorders, speech sounds impairments, childhood apraxia of speech, intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities and ADHD. She has specialized training in PROMPT, a method of therapy for treating motor-planning speech disorders (apraxia), in addition to other evidence-based methodologies. She also has extensive experience with “Social Thinking,” a social-cognitive intervention for children with social difficulties secondary to autism, anxiety, ADHD and other disorders.
Outside of her clinical work, Mrs. Levine is an avid skier, having spent time as a children’s ski school supervisor. She enjoys travel and an active lifestyle.
- Speech-Language Pathologist, Children’s Evaluation & Rehabilitation Center, Montefiore Medical Center
- Research Assistant, Department of Communicative Sciences & Disorders, NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Clinical Fellow, Children’s Evaluation & Rehabilitation Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Graduate Intern, Jewish Home Lifecare
- MS, Communicative Sciences & Disorders, NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- BA, Child Development, Tufts University