She specializes in the evaluation and treatment of depression, emotional dysregulation and post-traumatic stress disorder, in addition to other mood and anxiety disorders in children, adolescents and young adults.
Ms. Macari has expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy for children and adolescents, (DBT), radically open dialectical behavioral therapy (RO-DBT), Parent Management Training (PMT) well as trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) for the treatment of trauma and stressor-related disorders. As a certified Holistic Health Counselor, she has a particular interest in the connection between mind and body, mindfulness practice, and the importance of physical health in emotional well-being.
She has worked extensively in pediatric hospital inpatient and outpatient settings with medically complex patients suffering from mood and anxiety disorders, adjustment disorder, acute stress disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, as well as with children with physical and developmental disabilities.
Ms. Macari has completed training as a middle school social worker, supporting both individuals and groups of preadolescents as they navigate family, social and academic stressors. She has also facilitated a socialization group for students with ADHD and emotional challenges.
Ms. Macari is committed to integrating clinical practice and research to provide evidence-based treatment to meet the goals of clients and their families. She is also passionate about providing public education to both destigmatize mental health diagnoses and to enhance connectivity to mental health services in communities and schools.
- Social Worker, Rusk Pediatric Outpatient Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- Social Worker, Rusk Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, Rusk Pediatric Inpatient Rehabilitation at NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, The Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools, New York, NY
- Social Work Intern, University Neighborhood Middle School, New York, NY
- MSW, Silver School of Social Work, New York University, New York, NY
- Certification in Holistic Health, Columbia University Teachers College, New York, NY
- BA, Psychology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY