Carly Apar, MS
Clinical Extern, ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Carly Apar, MS, is a clinical extern in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program at Long Island University Post. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Apar earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology, minoring in child and adolescent mental health studies, at New York University. She gained experience working with children and adolescents with ADHD and other behavior disorders as a counselor at NYU Langone’s Summer Program for Kids.
Ms. Apar has received training in both cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and psychodynamic therapy. Ms. Apar has provided individual and group therapy to children, adolescents and their families at LIU Post’s Psychological Services Center and Family Check-In Program. She has held an externship position at the Behavioral Health College Partnership at Northwell Health’s Zucker Hillside Hospital, where she provided CBT and DBT-informed treatment to college students. She also served as a volunteer on the New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Helpline during the COVID-19 pandemic. Her doctoral research will examine clinical psychologists’ experiences providing CBT via telehealth to children and adolescents.
- Clinical Extern, Behavioral Health College Partnership, Northwell Health’s Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Student Clinician, Psychological Services Center, Long Island University Post
- Student Clinician, Family Check-In Program, Long Island University Post
- PsyD (Expected 2023), Clinical Psychology, Long Island University Post
- MS, Applied Psychology, Long Island University Post
- BA, Psychology, New York University