Carly Brooks, LMSW, MS
Clinical Extern, Anxiety Disorders Center
Child Mind Institute
Carly Brooks, LMSW, MS, is a clinical extern in the Anxiety Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a fourth-year doctoral candidate in the Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology Program at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Brooks received her master’s degree in social work at Columbia University. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety, ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and cognitive and language-based learning disabilities.
Ms. Brooks has received training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), parent management training (PMT), parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT), and exposure and response prevention (ERP). Ms. Brooks has provided individual, parent-child and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She has held externship positions at Montefiore Medical Center’s Rose F. Kennedy Center/Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC) and Cooke Grammar School, and has served as a Brave Buddies counselor. Her doctoral research examines case study research and its application to Regulation Focused Psychotherapy for Children (RFP-C).
- Clinical Extern, Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Center (CERC), Montefiore Medical Center
- School Extern, Cooke Grammar School
- Student Clinician, Max and Celia Parnes Family Clinic, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- PsyD (Expected 2022), Combined School-Clinical Child Psychology, Yeshiva University, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- MS, School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- LMSW, Columbia University School of Social Work
- BS, Human and Organizational Development, Vanderbilt University