Carly Stern is a clinical extern in the ADHD and Behavior Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a third-year doctoral candidate in the Clinical Psychology program at Long Island University, Post. Prior to her doctoral training, Ms. Stern attended New York University, majoring in psychology and minoring in American Sign Language and child and adolescent mental health studies. She has experience providing treatment to children, adolescents and young adults with ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, selective mutism, generalized anxiety disorder, separation anxiety, and cognitive and language-based learning disabilities.
Ms. Stern has received training in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT) and exposure and response prevention (ERP). Ms. Stern has provided individual, parent-child and group therapy in clinical and school settings. She has previously interned at the Child Mind Institute as a program assistant in the ADHD and Behavior Disorder Center and the Anxiety Center, serving as a lead counselor in the Summer Program and as a Brave Buddies counselor.
- Graduate Student Therapist, Psychological Services Center, Long Island University, Post
- Graduate Student Therapist, Pride Healing Center, Long Island University, Post
- PsyD (expected 2024), Clinical Psychology, Long Island University, Post
- MS, Applied Psychology, Long Island University, Post
- BA, Psychology, New York University