Christine Morrissey, LMSW, MSEd
Christine Morrissey, LMSW, MSEd, is a former social worker in the Mood Disorders Center at the Child Mind Institute. She is a graduate of the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Training Program at the Columbia University School of Social Work where she specialized in advanced clinical practice with mental health and disabilities.
Ms. Morrissey has experience working with children and young adults who experience mood disorders including major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, cyclothymic disorder, and disruptive mood dysregulation disorder. Ms. Morrissey also has experience working with youth who present with anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and specific phobias.
Prior to her transition into the field of social work, Ms. Morrissey received her master’s degree in Special Education at Simmons University. She taught special education for 9 years, working primarily with middle school- and high school-age students. Ms. Morrissey specialized during this time within a therapeutic program for adolescents experiencing severe mental health challenges and suicidal behaviors. Within treatment, Ms. Morrissey works to support youth and families with a team approach that includes treatment providers and school-based supports.
Ms. Morrissey is intensively trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). She also has experience delivering Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and is trained in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). Before joining the Child Mind Institute as a full-time clinician, Ms. Morrissey completed a clinical internship with CMI and served as a social work intern for Henry Street Settlement’s PROS (Personalized Recovery Oriented Services) program. Ms. Morrissey is experienced in delivering treatment in both group and individual modalities and has provided treatment in school, community and home settings.
- Mood Disorders Center Social Work Intern, Child Mind Institute
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Intensive Training, Behavioral Tech
- Clinical Intern, Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS), Henry Street Settlement
- Motivational Interviewing, Columbia University School of Social Work
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Medical University of South Carolina
- MSW, Columbia University School of Social Work
- MSEd, Special Education (Mild/ Moderate Disabilities), Simmons University
- BA, Psychology, Simmons University