Cynthia Martin, PsyD
Clinical Psychologist, Autism Center
Child Mind Institute
Emma Calkins, Staff Associateemma.email@example.com
Dr. Martin specializes in the assessment of young children with developmental concerns, in addition to the evaluation, treatment and school consultation for children with autism spectrum disorder. Dr. Martin is a certified trainer for autism assessment instruments, including the Autism Diagnostic Interview, Revised (ADI-R) and the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2). In the area of treatment expertise, Dr. Martin is trained on a variety of empirically validated treatment interventions for children, including some which are parent-mediated. Dr. Martin is experienced in providing Naturalistic Developmental Behavioral Interventions (NDBI) for toddlers and preschool-age children, Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) for school-age children and adolescents, and parent-focused treatments for children with challenging behavior, delayed toilet training, sleep difficulties and food refusal. Dr. Martin regularly provides school consultation and recommendations regarding educational planning for children with autism spectrum disorder.
Dr. Martin has 15 years experience working in research and clinical settings. She has published in academic journals, authored book chapters and presented regionally, nationally and internationally. She has been an integral member of leading research teams in the country and trained physicians, psychologists, research associates, graduate and medical students on the evaluation and assessment of children with autism.
Dr. Martin received her master’s and doctoral degrees in clinical psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology with an emphasis in child and adolescent psychology. She completed her clinical internship in pediatric psychology at Franciscan Hospital for Children in Boston, Massachusetts and a postdoctoral fellowship with Harvard Medical School in the Developmental Medicine Center at Boston Children’s Hospital. Prior to joining the Child Mind Institute she was on faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College and Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
- Instructor in Psychology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Staff Psychologist in the Division of Developmental Medicine, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY
- Early Childhood Psychologist, Center for Autism and The Developing Brain at New York Presbyterian Hospital, White Plains NY
- Early Childhood Clinician, Pediatric Developmental Center Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Research Assistant, Child Development Research Lab, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston MA
- Medical Units Pediatric Psychology Intern, Franciscan Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
- Extern, New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College, White Plains, NY
- Extern, Pediatric Developmental Center Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Extern, Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL
- PsyD, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Child and Adolescent Track, Chicago, IL
- MA, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Child and Adolescent Track, Chicago, IL
- BS, Psychology, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY